First off, a few things.
I’ve yet to do an “Awards Show Red Carpet Recap” on this blog, and was not prepared to start now. But omg so many polarizing looks at Sunday night’s Golden Globes. A quick run-down of my opinions:
- Emma Stone (EVERYTHING)
- Lily Collins
- Caitriona Balfe
- Claire Foy (a lot of people said too 80’s, but I SO loved it)
- Mandy Moore
- Kristen Bell
- Natalie Portman (another polarizing one, but I vote HECK YES)
- Viola Davis
- Kristin Wiig (barely recognized)
- Sienna Miller (I LOVED the dress and HATED everything else)
- Hailee Steinfeld
- Jessica Chastain (this look is super bumming me out)
- Reese Witherspoon (pretty, sure, but I feel like I’ve seen this look 1000000 times on her)
- Winona Ryder (boring and something was off with the fit)
- Felicity Jones
- Kerri Russell
- Sarah Jessica Parker (NO JUST NO)
- Kerry Washington (WHY KERRY WHY)
- Zoe Saldana (reminded me of this)
- Nicole Kidman (OH MY EYES!)
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus
OK, now that that’s out of my system… onto today’s actual post. Which is all about embracing your inner Michelin man with a puffer coat.
If you live in the Midwest, chances are you know you need a puffer during winter like the Gilmores need coffee on a Monday. There’s just no way around it. You may think you can get by with your woolen Chateau Parka, but you would be wrong my friend. Frigid temps can dip into the single digits more frequently than I can tolerate. And even though here in Chicago we’re getting a small reprieve of warmer weather for a day or two, chances are you and your puffer have not parted ways for the season yet.
Which is why today I’m sharing 12 affordable puffer jackets that manage to reduce the typical bulk encountered during this season. Slimmer cuts (#7) and details like faux fur (#9) or gold hardware (#3) add a nice touch too.
1. Canada Goose Hybridge® Lite Puffer Jacket, Black 61 • Canada Goose • $600.00 A splurge, certainly, but also worth every warm penny.
2. Water Repellent Puffer Coat With Faux Fur Trim • Via Spiga • $179.90 Love that faux fur trim!
3. Faux Fur Trim Down & Feather Fill Puffer Coat • Sam Edelman • $198.00
4. Quilted Down Jacket With Genuine Fox Fur Trim • Andrew Marc • $439.90 This warm gray is the perfect neutral alternative to black.
5. Canada Goose Victoria Down Jacket With Fur-trimmed Hood • Canada Goose • $934 Ok, not exactly “budget-friendly” but dear lord this thing will keep you toasty for sure!
6. Faux-Fur-Trim Hooded Down Puffer Coat • Ivanka Trump • $199.99
7. Hooded Long Down Puffer Coat with Vestee • Cole Haan • $149.99 Love Cole Haan, love navy, and love the price tag!
8. Faux-Fur-Trim Hooded Puffer Coat • London Fog • $109.99
9. Faux-Fur-Trim Hooded Puffer Coat • T Tahari • $189.99 How pretty is this soft blush with that camel faux fur?! Tres chic!
10. Jenae Hooded Down Jacket • The North Face • $186.93
11. Faux-Fur-Trim Down Puffer Coat • Laundry by Shelli Segal • $139.99 Love a bright white option, though we all know I’d trash mine in a matter of minutes!
12. Wintress belted puffer coat • J.Crew • $298 Classic brand, and the belt adds a nice waistline definition to an otherwise marshmallow look 😉