May is full of events – family birthdays, Memorial Day, and of course, Mother’s Day. How did it sneak up on me?! Oh that’s right, I’ve been eyeball-deep in work as of late 😉 And my mom happens to be in Italy (hi Mom!) so it’s not exactly like we were planning something to celebrate. Trust me, she’s having more fun over there than any Mother’s Day Brunch could provide.
But if you, like me, don’t exactly use words like “planner” to describe yourself, then fret not – for I have rounded up a last-minute Mother’s Day Gift guide guaranteed to get her something she’ll actually use! Best part? Everything is under $100!
- An oh-so-comfy set of pj’s!
- This set of textural vases adds such visual interest to a bookshelf or side table.
- The greatest body scrub of them all.
- A cashmere-silk blend scarf, and it comes in 17 different colors!
- This Cluse watch is the perfect size – neutral and timeless (you see what I did there…)
- This gorgeous floral-print robe.
- This fun recipe box by Rifle Paper!
- A sweet initial charm bracelet.
- A classic pair of Nikes (so mama can work out in style).
- This stunning jewelry box.
- A pack-able raincoat in the cutest print!
- This slim Fitbit tracker.
- The sweetest scalloped tote!
- Love these tapered candle holders.
- How cute is this little wooden whale nail brush?!
Any other cute last-minute Mother’s Day Gift ideas? Share them in the comments below!
We had a full but happy weekend, complete with a visit to the south side for my cousin Ava’s first holy communion. It was so great to see her and other family members. And the sun was actually shining! Ok, yes, it was maybe still pretty cold, but at least I got a healthy dose of vitamin D.
On Sunday I got to see my friend Kathleen’s new condo in Old Town and let me tell you, it is stunning! We are working on some fun design ideas and I can’t wait to share some juicy before and afters 😉 I made it to my favorite yoga class (although I have to admit, the fellow next to me had feet that smelled so bad I had a hard time breathing – has this ever happened to any of you?! How in god’s name do you handle it?! Is this non-yogic of me to say? Oy.)
Also, random side note, but last night we watched The Salvation. Have you seen it? It’s from 2014 and it was so good. I guess I should add the caveat that Tom and I like a somewhat strange genre of movie. Sort of scary/suspenseful, but also dark and thrilling. And kinda quirky. I’d say The Babadook is a good example (2014 was a good year for us apparently). Anyway, I digress. The Salvation is really good (if you like your heart being ripped out and stomped on before breathing a huge sigh of relief when justice prevails).
Ok well I hope your week is off to a good start this Monday! I know I’ll need at least an extra cup of coffee 😉