Happy Monday guys! Did you have a wonderful snow-filled weekend?
Today I’m sharing a holiday gift guide for the home! If you’re looking to get someone a gift for the holidays and want to forgo the old scarf/socks route, look no further – I’ve got you covered with some adorable (and useful!) home decor items. Let’s dive in.
Admittedly, buying someone something for their home can be a challenge. Unless you know their style really really well, you run the risk of buying them a gift that doesn’t totally fit them, yet they still feel obligated to display in their home. Our homes are very personal and private spaces, and I always encourage people to bring in only things they absolutely adore. So when great aunt Susie sends you a heinous lamp with an even tackier shade, you’re going to feel pretty awful if you display it in your home (which is supposed to be a reflection of you). AND you’re going to feel bad if you don’t display it and next time she’s over she asks where it is.
Don’t be like Susie.
Instead, choose from the plethora of fail-safe items I’ve curated below! Cute, practical, and affordable, these gifts are guaranteed to make any homeowner proud.
- Cuisinart Hot Air Popcorn Maker – We love our hot air popcorn maker! It’s the best for snacking – add a couple tablespoons of coconut oil and some nutritional yeast and OMG heaven
- Marble Chess Game- Love this chess board! Classic and clean.
- French Kitchen Marble Utensil Holder – Would come in handy anywhere, really. I’d even use one in the bathroom for storage!
- Capri Blue Iridescent Jar Candle – Dear lord, have you smelled Capri Blue candles? They are to die for. If you’ve ever been in an Anthropologie store you can thank these candles for their heart-eyes-inducing scent.
- Bodum Eileen Gold French Press Coffeemaker – Love this cute french press! That pattern is fantastic. Talk about elevating everyday objects to a new level!
- Faux Fur Throw – I love our faux fur throw from RH. It’s the best thing to cozy up with during the winter months. This one is super soft (and on sale!)
- Chemex Coffee Makers with Wood Collar – Admittedly, I have yet to try the Chemex way of brewing coffee, but I’m super intrigued and know I would love this as a gift.
- Trusco Teal Tool Box – Everyone in life needs a toolbox and some basic tools (no joke, my dad sent me off to college with a starter toolbox). How cute is this one!? I’m obsessed.
- Dumpling Maker – This dumpling maker is such a good gift idea – I love gifts that encourage family activities and making memories! I can just picture us sitting around (listening to podcasts, of course) making dumplings in the winter!
- Coffee Scoop Clip – Adorable and practical! You could even include a bag of their favorite coffee (ours is Intelligenstia, I highly recommend).
- Jumbo Waffle Towels, Set of 3 – Anyone can use a set of these super-duty dish towels. Maybe not the sexiest of gifts to give, but a total fail-safe option here.
- Joyce Chen 10-Piece Wok Set – If you like to cook chinese food like we do, you’re guaranteed to get major use out of this.
- Trap Pitcher – Another staple anyone can use. I love having a glass pitcher for serving everything from water to iced tea. Always ups the style ante just the right amount.
- Marble Paper Towel Holder – A paper towel holder is something probably everyone has in their kitchen, and chances are they picked up a boring old stainless steel one from Bed Bath & Beyond at some point over the years. This year, step up a loved one’s kitchen style with this class marble version.
- 42 Pressed Roam Candle – West Elm has a great selection of candles, and these guys are even on sale! Candle = another fail-safe option.
- SMEG Electric Kettle – I love having an electric kettle, and this Smeg one is too cute!
- Beachcomber Round Handled Baskets – Anyone who knows me knows I love baskets and bins. They are a messy girl’s saving grace. Do your friends and family a favor this year and gift them this classy beachcomber basket from Pottery Barn.
- Lacquer Trays – Square – This would be such a great gift! Trays automatically step up a room’s style game, and these ones are classic and a great price.
- 3-Piece Range Metal Trivet Set – Love this, so cute and super useful.
- Rifle Paper Co. ‘2017 Rosa’ Planner – The cutest personal calendar! I love anything from Rifle, they are so good.
- Monogrammed Square Paperwhite Soap Set – Gifting something monogrammed is always such a special touch. It feels personal (because it is). I love these monogrammed soaps, they would be so lovely in a guest bath.
- Ruled Brass Letter Opener – A fun and cute little gift, maybe a stocking stuffer or white elephant idea!
- OUCH first aid box – I need this like yesterday. It’s so cute I can hardly stand it. Really though, let’s keep our loved ones scrape-free in style.
- KitchenAid KSM75 Classic Plus 4.5-qt. Stand Mixer – Alright you knew I was going to include one splurge item, and this sucker is it. If it makes you feel any better, it’s on sale for $280! And white is always such a classic option.
- Mod Metal Planter – An easy and versatile little guy. They could use it as a planter or for storage.
Any ideas I missed? Do tell! I hope this Monday isn’t too brutal for you. I’ve been trying to fight the winter blues by getting outside as much as I can. Although every time it’s like pulling teeth to work myself up to facing the cold! And it’s only just the beginning, waaaaaaahhh! Stay toasty friends, see you back here on Wednesday 😉
SHOP THIS POST