You guys. This was a really big week for me.
I started a new job! I know, I’ve been sort of keeping quiet about it because, well honestly I’m not sure why! I guess I sort of didn’t want to jinx it lol. But I started this week and it’s amazing so far and I’m so excited to see what it brings!
In other news, MY BEST FRIEND GOT ENGAGED!!!!! She lives in California and she called me on Wednesday morning to tell me the good news! (Congrats Hannah and Doug, we LOVE you!) I honestly could not stop crying when she told me. The happiest tears!
Ok, now onto some more exciting things… the Nordstrom Winter Sale! Up to 40% off on Topshop, Free People, Halogen, Vince Camuto, Kate Spade, Steve Madden, and more! Sooooooo many goodies I have to share!
- Full-on OBSESSED with this OTS dress!
- The softest top that comes in every color.
- Eeeeeeek cutout sandals are making me so excited for spring!
- This sweet side-ruffled sweater (you may have noticed my obsession with blush + ruffles as of late)
- Cashmere?! For less than $50?! And in a boatload of colors?! Uh, yes please!
- The cutest cut-out bootie!!
- This easy, classic bomber for spring.
- Love the buckle detail on this bootie!
- The tassels on this cross-body are giving me major heart eyes!
- This knit blazer is super comfy, comes in every color imaginable, and is less that $60!!
- Love this deep-v top, just the right amount of sexy.
- This faux leather jacket is just. so. good. And comes in four colors!
- How gorgeous is this blue dress for spring?!
- Loving the asymmetrical hem on this sweater.
- A soft and lovely sweater for springtime.
- Loving this bell sleeve SO much.
- This perforated bootie is so cute.
- How adorable is this little leather camera bag?!
- Pretty sure I need this scarf.
- 40% off Tory Burch Sunglasses WHAT?!
Side note – have any of you Chicagoans tried out True Food Kitchen? My new coworker treated me to lunch there this week and omg the kale salad. I am struggling with words, it was that good. Like I think I may have moaned out loud at one point? (#inappropriatefirstimpressions) As much as I hate to cook, I think I’m going to try and recreate that salad it was just that good.
Also, I listened to this podcast episode recently and I loved the part where John and Sherry talk about taking “design quiz’s.” It’s hard enough to try and nail down personal design style, but on top of that I find my style changes over time, or let’s be honest, sometimes depending on my mood 😉 How helpful are they really? I think it depends on the person. If someone has no idea what style they are, then yes, it’s a helpful tool to find out what you’re drawn to. But if you are already really into home design and decor, chances are you can appreciate different styles and let them sort of come into the periphery of your own design choices from time to time. (Don’t you worry folks – I’ve got LOTS of style and design-related ideas coming down the line!)
The next few days of weather are supposed to be AMAZING in Chicago! If you live in the Midwest, you know how desperate we are for winter to be OVER. February and March are always my least favorite months, mostly because it is still cold and always feels dreary to me. But not today! It’s supposed to be sunny and bright and beautiful! Anywho, here’s to a few days of warm(er) weather and an exciting new chapter for me!