I know no one wants to admit it, but we’re already halfway through November guys.
You wouldn’t know it with the incredible weather we’ve been having in Chicago. Only in the last few days have the temps dipped into the “chilly” territory. There’s been plenty of sunshine, and really the only indication of the season change has been the end of daylight savings time. Which – side note – I can barely handle. When it starts getting dark at 4:30pm I lose my shit. I hate the lack of sunshine in the winter months – it only encourages me to hole up and hibernate inside my house.
Which is why we tried to spend as much time as possible this past weekend outdoors. We also tackled some more home projects, like building floating shelves for our kitchen and painting our fireplace mantle. And I worked on some homework, including my final project, which seems to be approaching faster than I’d care to admit.
It’s another hectic week ahead, so this morning I’m distracting myself with some cozy rugs that will add just the right amount of warmth to your home this winter. Layer them on top of your existing rug for added texture and depth. I especially love the sheepskin, which you can throw over a chair or a couch too. Honestly, come December, you can find me bundled up in one next to the fireplace for pretty much the rest of winter.
- This wool and cotton blend rug has all the right cozy details.
- This Marrakesh shag rug has just the right amount of pattern. The tassels are a fun detail too!
- This shag rug has added depth with it’s gray color.
- This sheepskin is SO versatile – toss it on your floor or drape it on the foot of your bed.
- And how cute is this plaid runner?!
- A chunky wool rug that’s as cozy as your favorite winter sweater.
- Love this Moroccan-inspired wedding rug – it has ALL the texture.
- This extra-high pile rug will have you rolling around on it like a baby!
- This cute patterned rug would be great layered over a larger area rug.
Well, I’m headed out of town for work the rest of the week. Hope all these cozy guys have provided an adequate distraction for you this Monday morning 😉 See you back here on Wednesday!!